1987 Supra Turbo Targa in Kansas City, 113k miles, 5 speed - The Toyota Supra Forums

post #1 of 1 Old 02-28-2010, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
deagna

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1987 Supra Turbo Targa in Kansas City, 113k miles, 5 speed

I'm selling my 1987 Supra Turbo in the Kansas City area. I'm the third owner after my father and a family friend. I love this car, but it needs more attention than I can give it now and I just drive around town these days. It's perfect for someone who wants to restore it to original condition.

-It's burgundy (red metallic) with gray interior
-5-speed manual
-I have the original window sticker, the original purchase documents and record of almost every repair/service it's had. I have the owner's manual and warranty guide and brochure
-I have the original cassette tape that came with the car that narrates the features. I haven't listened to this in over seven years, so I'm not 100% that it still works
-There's an original sticker on the driver's door about the turbocharged engine.
-It has a full spare tire under the hatch

The car runs great. It's been super reliable the whole time I've had it.
-the a/c has a leak
-the oil leaks a little
-I believe the power steering has a leak because I refill it maybe twice a year when I can feel that it's gotten low, but my mechanic wasn't able to find one
-The head gasket was replaced by the original Toyota dealership the car was bought at along with the radiator/hoses/thermostat, etc. in 2005. We replaced the radiator before we realized it was the head gasket, but I have the original radiator still.
-Original 5-speed transmission
-I put new tires on at the end of last year
-The entire exhaust system was replaced about five years ago with Toyota parts

The exterior is in good condition and it looks great when it's clean. (I wasn't able to wash it before I took the pics because of the cold weather.)
-It has two known rust areas: one under the hood above the battery and on the rear two holes on the passenger door for the side trim
-The weatherstripping needs to be replaced. The hatch leaks a little sometimes and the targa also
-It got it's first door dent last year on the panel just behind the driver's door, but the paint didn't crack so it's possible it could be easily fixed
-There is a little bit of scuffing on the passenger side of the front spoiler from a curb check
-The antenna and passenger side trim need to be replaced
-It has a targa top with original wrench set for removal

The interior is in good condition:
-The rear seats have only been sat in twice. They look brand new. I kept them folded down most the time I had this car
-The driver's seat has power adjustments and works great
-Power windows and doors
-Carpet under the hatch has stains
-The driver's seat has some wear on the door side from getting in and out, but I have an identical used driver's seat in good condition that I just never got around to replacing
-The leather shift knob was replaced with a plastic one from my old Celica
-The steering and emergency brake boot look their age
-I replaced the original radio for one with a cd player from a 90's Celica
-I replaced the air control faceplate a long time ago. The LO fan option doesn't work as of last year. I still have the original faceplate.
-The first owner added a radar detector which is beside the cruise control/defrost controls.

See photos below. I can always post more if you'd like.

Please email me or call if you have any questions:
[email protected]

Serious inquiries only, please.

I am asking $4750. With some quick fixes, it would be a really awesome car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
kansas city , mkiii , supra , targa , turbo

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode