It was a street bike morning - The Toyota Supra Forums

post #1 of 7 Old 01-26-2006, 10:20 AM
AGlobalThreat

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
It was a street bike morning

On my way to school, I notice a red street bike (No idea what type, don't know the names of them) pull up next to me and the driver looks over. We had some cars in front of us and it was a bad road to race on. I downshifted and he knew right away I wanted to go so I noticed him trying to get ahead of the few cars in front of us. I immediately followed, and what great luck we have, the 2 cars in front of us changed lanes. We did a small pull 1-2 gears, still waiting for a better road. Right as we slowed down, we made a right turn onto a huge long open road (Plum Canyon, for those of u who know Santa Clarita, completely clear, no cars in sight) as soon as we both got straight, he took off, and I was expecting it so I hit it about the same time. He put just over a buslenghth on me and then as soon as I put it in 4th I noticed I was slowly reeling him in, and right as I hit 120 I passed him and we both slowed down. The guy was really cool, it was a nice bike, looked stock (All I really know to look for is the muffler) and he turned off right after. I love racing street bikes (This is my 3rd street bike race, 2nd win, other win was on the freeway) and am now thinking of talking to a guy at my school who owns a black one, to see if he wants to race on camera. I would have recorded this vid, but not only did my camera have dead batteries but it wasn't even mounted or ready, and I am not about to try and do that while racing.

Big ups to the street bike fellas in here, I have yet to see a cocky owner or someone who wouldn't give a thumbs up after the race, you guys are awesome

My car has had a few changes since I've really posted about it on SF last, but since the camera is dead I haven't taken any new pics or posted an update, but I will soon when I get my oddyssey 680 in the mail

Big thanks to Jeff Gore who always kept me inspired to improve my car. Even though I haven't asked for his help in a while, it's because he's taught me so well

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-26-2006, 03:01 PM
Loki89t

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Nice run!! this summer I'm planning to run my buddies R6 he's got, hopefully I'll be able to keep up with him, but who knows.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-03-2007, 11:05 PM
CBR600F4i

wow! you must have a ton of stuff done to your supra! i know i coudl never outrun a bike on mine. i just bought a 7mgte and its decent fast but i would embarrass myself against a bike.

i also have a cbr600f4i with exhaust. i ran 10.98 @ 128mph at the track

coming back from OCMA this summer i raced a murcielago on the freeway with my cbr.

it might have been the most fun ive ever had on my bike. passing a $200,000 car at 140mph there is nothing like it.

so props to you bro. if you can beat a bike, you can beat a lambo.

post #4 of 7 Old 11-09-2007, 03:52 PM
supramacist

One toke. One toke over the line.
Sittin down town in a railway station
One toke over the line.

post #5 of 7 Old 11-18-2007, 12:06 AM
CBR600F4i

wtf is that supposed to mean?
post #6 of 7 Old 06-29-2008, 07:04 PM
jdmMKfour

LMAO...i really hope you didn't mean to say you raced a "SPORT" bike and won...
there is no way....either the guy wasn't racing you, and you thought he was....which i'm guessing is the case...or he was afraid to get on it and you think you won a race...

take note of the bike next time, becuase this story is ubsurd...

most 600cc crotchrockets are easy 10sec bikes off the showroom floor...

i love the imagination in the kills section, it always amazes me
post #7 of 7 Old 11-29-2008, 03:26 AM
NoKitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmMKfour View Post
LMAO...i really hope you didn't mean to say you raced a "SPORT" bike and won...
there is no way....either the guy wasn't racing you, and you thought he was....which i'm guessing is the case...or he was afraid to get on it and you think you won a race...

take note of the bike next time, becuase this story is ubsurd...

most 600cc crotchrockets are easy 10sec bikes off the showroom floor...

i love the imagination in the kills section, it always amazes me
Don't underestimate the Vtwins either. HD has the drag chapionship right now, and for the past 2-3 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode