side molding removal - Page 2 - The Toyota Supra Forums

post #16 of 22 Old 04-13-2008, 09:41 AM
dizahl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

if you fill the holes up with bondo it will crack like a bitch, i plan on welding in sheet metal and feathering it with filler.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 Old 04-15-2008, 08:22 PM
supramacist

LEAD.

I'm going to fill in that nasty antenna hole.
I think I'm even going to have the dings in my body done with lead.

Forget bondo.

If you can find someone that even knows what you're talking about these days when you say "lead".

post #18 of 22 Old 04-16-2008, 11:38 PM
sunner3

i did what dizahl is takin about for the antenna and rear windshield wiper hole and it came out fine, but i wish i would have thought about the lead thing, sounds better

post #19 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 01:20 AM
mastergrader007

I dont have any side mouldings. I didnt have a choice because the hack i bought my supra from had already torn it all off. Its not 100% perfect body work but i took my time and it came out not too bad. I shaved every seam. no bumper seams or anything.
Attached Images

post #20 of 22 Old 03-24-2009, 07:01 AM
dizahl

looks good tho i love the shaved look, thats one of the best i have seen on the forums, great job by the pics. what did u use also? and maybe more pics of the bumbers and the way u did those. ty and grats on the turn out.

post #21 of 22 Old 03-25-2009, 12:45 AM
mastergrader007

I used a combo. started off with short and long strand fiberglass (kinda like bondo but with fiberglass strands in it) then used bondo to finish it to smooth. there is a few "waves" in it but hey, im no professional. plus, i painted her in the yard last summer. came out good tho. I will get a few more pics of the bumper seams in a day or too. OH and thanks for the compliments.
post #22 of 22 Old 03-26-2009, 11:04 PM
dizahl

thought about the fiberglass. have used it for a ton of jet-ski and boat repairs. but i was unsure about how long it would last so my plan was to fill in about 3/4 of the void by welding in some sheatmetal and then fiberglass and then bondo to finish up with, no i love the shaved look i got so much shit for wanting to do it myself. then life happened and my supra still sits in the shop under a cover, work is so crazy now i have 0 free time hoping to get the motor out this month and then to the body work, shaving the trim and fixing one fender, paint and some wiring repairs, going to try to replace the targa top weather striping while i'm at it of course it doesn't leak (yet) so it might get put off

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode