Dyno numbers vs Dyno curves - Page 3 - The Toyota Supra Forums

post #31 of 40 Old 12-29-2005, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
1BADSUPRA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldspool
Man, you could take a grapefruit and squeeze it into lemonade.

Too bad (seriously) you find criticism in everyones accomplishments. I hope you really know its an insecurity issue. All the good things you've done simply get washed away with your ability to find fault. Nothing wrong with being humble, you know, let your accomplishments speak for themselves instead of be-littling others.

Happy New Year.......

I guess you feel a need stir the pot even when it needs no stirring.
Where exactly did I "criticize" anyone? I simply pointed out the obvious, and the dyno charts were even posted to back it up. All I stated was that two cars making 1100hp aren't the same unless the dyno curves lay on top of one another...clearly that isn't the case.....not by a longshot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 12-29-2005, 09:31 AM
Saad Saad

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Let me start off by saying that Ken has a very nice car. That being said, lets address the main point that Jason was trying to make, area under the curve. If you look at Kens dyno sheet you will see that at 5500 rpms he is making 600hp, look at mine and you will see the same hp number. But at 6000 rpm he is making 740hp I am at 900hp. My dyno was smooth and sustained, his was choppy and peaky. Qiute frankly, if I had a dyno like that I would have been upset at the tuner and telling him to fix the damn problem(Jason).

What happened with my car on the dyno this last Vegas meet was a result of me racing the night before. I was tired and made a stupid mistake. Simply the car did not have enough fuel in the tank. When I accelerated it starved the pump and it detonated enough to pull a head stud out of the block. Now understand that I knew this before I put the car on the dyno and I knew what it would do on the dyno. But I still did it because that is what I came to do and I still made the most power on just boost.

When I got back home I Heliacoiled that stud hole and put the head back on. It ran perfect, there was no other damage. Now if that does not tell you how strong the engine is I do not know what will. And if there is any doubt as to what I am saying you can as Larry from SP, he was there the whole time with us.

post #33 of 40 Old 12-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Nismo241

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADSUPRA
This isn't philosophy or debate, this is People spending thousands of dollars of their own money to develope something...why should it be given away to some squid? You only see what you think you see. Saad didn't blow a head gasket...his problem was much further beyond that...again... it's something that we ran into in the 1500rwhp range...and it won't be disclosed here for the above mentioned reasons.
I'm not asking for anything but for you to prove your guarantee about the reliablility of Saads car over Kens, I'm not asking for your secrets. Whats learned in the classroom is applied in real life, not something that stays in the classroom, I realize your too high on your horse to realize something like this but thats ok.
BTW, didn't you guys 'only' make 1100 something whp at vegas (which I've seen at just over 30psi on a 2J that has had by now hundreds of runs on it)? I don't remember hearing anything of 1500whp from the car in vegas. And you also didn't provide any reasons, other than some smart ass question where you think you have room to talk down to anyone. I just love how you think you're doing more advanced work than the pro guys. I guess it depends on your definition of pro.

post #34 of 40 Old 12-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Nismo241

Quote:
Where exactly did I "criticize" anyone? I simply pointed out the obvious, and the dyno charts were even posted to back it up. All I stated was that two cars making 1100hp aren't the same unless the dyno curves lay on top of one another...clearly that isn't the case.....not by a longshot.

And that is not a disputed fact, you're just stirring the pot. Trying to start shit up because all you can do is talk shit to the people who actually do something and set records (Speaking of your car, not someone elses that you worked on)

post #35 of 40 Old 12-29-2005, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
1BADSUPRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad Saad
Let me start off by saying that Ken has a very nice car. That being said, lets address the main point that Jason was trying to make, area under the curve. If you look at Kens dyno sheet you will see that at 5500 rpms he is making 600hp, look at mine and you will see the same hp number. But at 6000 rpm he is making 740hp I am at 900hp. My dyno was smooth and sustained, his was choppy and peaky. Qiute frankly, if I had a dyno like that I would have been upset at the tuner and telling him to fix the damn problem(Jason).

What happened with my car on the dyno this last Vegas meet was a result of me racing the night before. I was tired and made a stupid mistake. Simply the car did not have enough fuel in the tank. When I accelerated it starved the pump and it detonated enough to pull a head stud out of the block. Now understand that I knew this before I put the car on the dyno and I knew what it would do on the dyno. But I still did it because that is what I came to do and I still made the most power on just boost.

When I got back home I Heliacoiled that stud hole and put the head back on. It ran perfect, there was no other damage. Now if that does not tell you how strong the engine is I do not know what will. And if there is any doubt as to what I am saying you can as Larry from SP, he was there the whole time with us.
Nismo241 ....why don't you read this post...again...

I know what the pro guys are doing, and what we are doing (really one in the same as I work with the pro guys). What it is will "stay in the class room" it isn't going to be given to anyone... If you had ANY clue...you would be asking how....exactly did Saad have this problem...yet not hurt anything... This problem on ANY other 2J would have torched the cylinder head... he made 2 full dyno pulls and one pass down the track AFTER this problem... fixed the threads, and put all the parts back on with no damage to ANYTHING! These are things that ONLY we are doing...not even the "Pro guys" are doing this.

BTW...the pulls on the dyno in Vegas were all at low boost just to see if the car could make passes down the track. It had nothing to do putting down big numbers. We know where the car makes 1100hp, and what the car would run at that power level... all we were trying to accomplish was to see if we could make passes safely, rather than wasting a trip.
post #36 of 40 Old 12-29-2005, 04:02 PM
apx632

while i see what the point of this thread was...i just think it could've been done without mentioning names. just my .02 cents on this.
post #37 of 40 Old 01-01-2006, 01:23 PM
Nismo241

Quote:
Nismo241 ....why don't you read this post...again...

I know what the pro guys are doing, and what we are doing (really one in the same as I work with the pro guys). What it is will "stay in the class room" it isn't going to be given to anyone... If you had ANY clue...you would be asking how....exactly did Saad have this problem...yet not hurt anything... This problem on ANY other 2J would have torched the cylinder head... he made 2 full dyno pulls and one pass down the track AFTER this problem... fixed the threads, and put all the parts back on with no damage to ANYTHING! These are things that ONLY we are doing...not even the "Pro guys" are doing this.

BTW...the pulls on the dyno in Vegas were all at low boost just to see if the car could make passes down the track. It had nothing to do putting down big numbers. We know where the car makes 1100hp, and what the car would run at that power level... all we were trying to accomplish was to see if we could make passes safely, rather than wasting a trip.
I don't want to know any of that, I don't care, I don't plan on building a 2J anytime soon.

post #38 of 40 Old 01-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Sound Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad Saad

I told you not to run it on 87 octane...... you wouldn't listen to me!!

post #39 of 40 Old 01-19-2006, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
1BADSUPRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Performance
I told you not to run it on 87 octane...... you wouldn't listen to me!!
Larry, you are suppose to keep that stuff to yourself!
post #40 of 40 Old 03-02-2006, 06:52 AM
oldspool

Quote:
"I was told about a post, that literally made me fall out of my chair laughing so hard. Apparently on SF, Ken H stated that he made the same power with his 3.4stroker that Saad made with his 3.0 liter on the dyno in vegas, year before last." 1BADAPPLE

This my friend is criticism.....anyway you try twisting it.
There are alot of ways to broach this subject without be-littling someone.
Good for you, you guys have the BEST dyno curve EVER.

...when its applied to the tarmac get back with us please.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode