No spark - The Toyota Supra Forums

post #1 of 3 Old 12-05-2011, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
kbellamy30

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

No spark

I have an 88 Supra. I just finished rebuilding motor and the motor cranks but im getting no spark. I pulled plug going to ignition coil and im getting 12 volts off of the negative feed but nothing on the 3 positive feeds. I am also getting a constant buzzing from the fuel pump relay that doesnt stop. I replaced dash and i have plugged ecu back in but havent completely hooked up everything under dash. Any ideas. Im going to hook everything under dash tomorrow and see what happens, but im just wondering if anyone might know whats going on. Bad coil pack? Bad ecu? Bad ground? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-24-2014, 07:19 PM
drifting4life

hey i'm going through kinda the same problem. replaced my HG and now i get no spark and my fuel pump relay wont stop buzzing. did you fix your problem and how?
post #3 of 3 Old 10-15-2014, 12:05 PM
drifting4life

so i got my problem fixed. the fuel pump was buzzing cuz it was getting a feed back loop in the electrical systems. when i put the motor back together i put a ground wire on my starter accidentally. so i would say check your grounds. i believe there are 4. 1 by the battery, 1 for the coil pack, 1 on the left rear of the engine and the last one is under the engine near the starter. started up fine after that. hope that helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode