Engine swap help? - The Toyota Supra Forums

post #1 of 2 Old 04-22-2010, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
supra941991

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Engine swap help?

ok so please don't attack me call me stupid for not looking this up on the posts i tried to find it and couldn't. im a new supra owner i picked up a 1989 Toyota supra tagra top for $2000 in what i thought was perfect condition but apparently i was wrong. after the first few days of owning the car i started chasing down problems coolant hoses to exhaust leaks etc. then the serpentine belt broke as i replaced it in 10mins at home. after i replaced it i started the car and was looking down at the crank pulley and noticed a very noticeable problem the crank pulley was shaking like crazy, so with the knowledge i have from working for Honda i checked the pulley to see if it was lose and it wasn't. so i starting to assume the crank is bent. after doing some research i didn't wanna rebuild the engine i have decided to go with a 1jzgtte for 1,000 dollars. now this engine is complete with tranny turbos harness ecu and all.
so the next day i decided to start prepping the engine to pull out all the 7mge components. and as i was taking apart the upper intake manifold i noticed about a 3cm layer of carbon build up and gunk in my intake. and coolant in some of the vacuum lines. also with in a matter of 3 days of owning the car the oil turned brown and i had just done an oil change.
but my main question is what all do i need to make this swap work properly and what all will i have to fabricate or replace?
can some one please point me in the right directions with out giving me all the negative feed back calling me an idiot?

also this is a bone stock supra never been molested or modified i would love to make one bad sleeper out of her also its an automatic if that help with the questions im asking?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-23-2010, 10:52 PM
cre

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I recommend heading over to SupraMania, they've got a very well trafficked section devoted to swaps (1JZ, 2Jz, 1UZ, etc.)... you'll find most of your questions already answered there. I could go into the explanations for some of the issues you've found with this one, but it's academic and the main issue is largely a 7M problem which you won't have to worry about with the JZ series.... the head gasket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
1jzgtte , mkiii , swaps

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode