PDA

View Full Version : Bored on Okinawa

SP 7M
10-09-2005, 08:07 AM
Hey guys. This thread isn't meant as a complaint at all, just throwing a little info out there.

Well I've been here since late May and I'll be leaving some time in December. This is my second time being in Japan, so just about all of the excitement of being here has warn off. I still enjoy seeing some of the cars here and I've seen some very nice ones. For example, I'm pretty sure that I saw a Skyline R34 GTR Z Tune yesterday. I know that there are only 20 of them, but it was a pretty sure thing, even though I didn't get a good look at it.

I have explored some interesting sites here, such as the caves and tunnels that the Japanese used during WWII. In doing this I found out that there was an extremely bloody fight here during The Battle for Okinawa. It was also on those two trips that I've seen the biggest centipedes I've ever come across.

The single biggest thing that bothers me about being here is being away from my wife of 6+ months. I love her more than anything and continue to keep faith and I know we will make it through this. We have dealt with separation before but it's never been for this long-only a couple of months at a time. I know that we will only gain more respect for each other through all of this and have a stronger bond once it's over.

I know that the majority of you are probably mostly interested in hearing about the cars over here. The main thing you have to remember is that it's not like so much of the car media would like to make you think it is. I think that a lot of Japanese car fans out there have a big misconception that Japan's public streets are littered with highly-modified sports cars and that street racing and drifting run rampant. I do believe that there is less of this ideal in the Supra community than in other Japanese car communities.

I would say that some of the most-popular cars around here are the Toyota MKII (4 dr. sedan, not the Supra), Nissan Skyline (which range from your average 4 dr. sedan to the GTR), Toyota Windom (Lexus ES300) and Toyota Camry.

The Skyline is thought of by most people (by no fault of their own) as strictly a sports car. But there are versions such as the GTE and GTS that are anything but. As far as the turbo versions go for the R32, there is the GTS-t, which is a FR layout with the RB20DET 2.0L turbo I-6. Of course the GTR is the other. For the R33 there is the GTS25T which is also an FR with the RB25DET 2.5L turbo I-6 and the GTR. When it comes to the R34 there is the GT25T (RB25DET) and GTR. Pretty much everywhere you look there is either a R32 or R33 Skyline-to give you an idea of how common they are. When it comes to GTRs, the most common generation is the R32. I've seen some killer R33 and R34 GTRs-the kind of car that would make some of you stop dead in your tracks in an awe-struck trance. I talked to a guy that lives near me that has a 93 GTR with 380 RWHP that has very extensive suspension modifications to suit his drifting hunger. That's probably the meanest-sounding car that I see regularly.

Supras are fairly popular as well, particularly the GA70. I think I've seen maybe 1 or 2 MA70s (maybe) and 2 JZA70s. If you see a MKIII, you can rest assured that it's a GA70. I haven't seen too many MKIVs and most of them that I do see are NA.

One car that isn't overly well-known in America that I have quite a liking for is the Chaser. It is the most performance-oriented version of the MKII and as some of you probably know, many of them have the 1JZ (single-turbo in the later models). I would love to own one of them from right around 2000.

I work a lot and will be gone a couple of times pretty soon for a week or so at a time, but I now spend a lot of my time on here and Supramania. It keeps me occupied and helps keep me from thinking of how much I dislike being here.

Well I just realized how long this post is, so I'll close here. I'll have more to add to this thread periodically and I'm all for answering any questions that you might have.

By the way, I can't buy my own car here, in case anybody was wondering. I haven't been with my current employer long enough to do that.

Later,
Craig

TheHeffNerr
10-09-2005, 09:30 AM
huh? so in for clifs :/

Loki89t
10-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Cliffs: He's in Okinawa, he's bored and misses his wife. Skyline's are like Civic's there. Most MKIII's are GA70's, and Chasers are cool. I think that's basically it.

Hang in there Craig, not much longer till you're home. I would really like to visit there Japan sometime, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

TheHeffNerr
10-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Cliffs: He's in Okinawa, he's bored and misses his wife. Skyline's are like Civic's there. Most MKIII's are GA70's, and Chasers are cool. I think that's basically it.

Hang in there Craig, not much longer till you're home. I would really like to visit there Japan sometime, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

ahh thanks loki

send some of them "civics" over here man :) and take some pics.

ma71supraturbo
10-09-2005, 04:27 PM
How long do you have to be there before you can buy a car?

SP 7M
10-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Let me see about some pics. I don't have any of cars at the moment, but I've got some others.

Thanks for the comments, guys, and the cliffs, Loki. I do my best to keep a positive attitude and stay occupied. It's a good thing that I have such a large music collection-my little boombox in my room is constantly playing. I've also got a roommate (a car guy) that I get along with really well and he even likes most of my music-which is rare.

Jeff-It's not that you have to be here for a certain amount of time, it's that you have to have a certain amount of seniority as well as proficiency to reach that point. It's generally the guys that have been around for 7+ years that have the option to buy a car. I've only been at it for 4.

Turbo-Joe
10-11-2005, 03:16 PM
i want to go to japan :(

SP 7M
10-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Then go.

I have some pics (no cars yet) and will be taking more. I have them on my memory card and also on Yahoo pics. How would I go about transferring them from either location and posting them here?

ma71supraturbo
10-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Make your yahoo photo album public and post a link

SP 7M
10-12-2005, 08:13 AM
Make your yahoo photo album public and post a linkLet me see what I can do. I don't want to make all of that material public. :eusa_thin

I will do my best to get to it tomorrow, but I can't promise. I'm getting ready to leave for a weak-without internet access, so please be patient if need be.

SP 7M
10-13-2005, 05:24 AM
Here are some random pics for all to see. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/far_beyond91/album?.dir=/72f6

The pics inside the caves, of the tomb and of the rural and city areas are from the two cave/WWII battlesite tours I've taken. That centipede in the cave is poisonous and can run and jump-quite a delightful combination. The average body length of those is 4-5" and their longest legs are about 3" long. At one time inside a cave there were five or six within view-not the most comforting feeling. The bats were inside the "big ass cave" and there were thousands of them flying right over our heads. They got close enough so that you could hear their wings disturbing the air around your head and you could actually feel the wind that they made. On our way out of the cave as I was making my way through a pretty slim space between the cave walls and a bat hit me right in the face. That was exciting-to say the least. The smell of bat shit in that cave was overpowering-it covered everything. Oh, and the bat babies looked disgusting all pink and huddled up next to each other on the "roof" of the cave.

The Skyline R32 GTR N1(?) is the only car pic I have right now. I will get some more soon for everybody to take a gander at.

I almost forgot... Take a close look at that Buddhist statue. See anything that looks out of place?

Just to let everyone know, I probably won't have internet access for the next week. I will answer all replies when I have a chance to get back online.

SP 7M
10-13-2005, 07:48 AM
I apologize for the sub-par picture quality, but I was using the smallest size and lowest quality on my camera so that I could fit more on there. I seem to have lost my big memory card. Bummer.

I added an old pic of my Supra to the Yahoo pics. It's a picture of a picture, but it's something to look at. It was taken last summer before I had my coilovers and new tint.

Here's the link to it. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/far_beyond91/detail?.dir=/72f6&.dnm=dc2e.jpg&.src=ph

Loki89t
10-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Car looks good Craig, TE37s are teh hotness.

Turbo-Joe
10-13-2005, 02:15 PM
agreed. white and bronze is a good match

Loki89t
10-13-2005, 02:41 PM
agreed. white and bronze is a good match

Way better then homo blue and polished wheels.

SP 7M
10-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Thanks fellas.

flubyux2
10-14-2005, 02:18 AM
yo... sweet pics. ive seen those centipedes before. in florida, bugs propagate rampantly as there is no cold season like other parts of the world... we have millipedes the size of AA batteries, but a bit longer.

i noticed the swastika at the foot of the budda statue... wtf mate? that shit is bananas.

are you able to purchase a car through a broker? i want an MZ20 Soarer, 1989, limited. please can you find me one? ill make it worth your while ;)

Turbo-Joe
10-14-2005, 04:47 AM
Way better then homo blue and polished wheels.
chrome* :snork_ham

Loki89t
10-14-2005, 11:12 AM
chrome* :snork_ham

Doesn't matter, still looks ugly :eusa_eh:

SP 7M
10-15-2005, 04:05 AM
yo... sweet pics. ive seen those centipedes before. in florida, bugs propagate rampantly as there is no cold season like other parts of the world... we have millipedes the size of AA batteries, but a bit longer.

i noticed the swastika at the foot of the budda statue... wtf mate? that shit is bananas.

are you able to purchase a car through a broker? i want an MZ20 Soarer, 1989, limited. please can you find me one? ill make it worth your while ;)I see you've noticed what I was hinting at in the Buddhist statue pic. Though the Nazis used that symbol, it was originally a Buddhist good luck (or something similar) symbol. Pretty crazy.

About the Soarer, I think I might've seen one since I've been here. During my last trip to Japan (mainland) a I think I saw a few, so that tells you how rare they are, or at least seem to be to me. The 92-01(?) Lexus SC body style is easily more common to see here.

Also, I've heard from a guy with a R32 GTR that he plans to send it (the Skyline) back to the US as a "race car." I'd guess that he's doing that so he doesn't have to register it-I may be wrong. It's not quite so easy to send cars from here to there. I have only seen one person actually send a car from here back to the US-it's a 99 Skyline R34 GTR that my friend Pete owns. Money to him isn't exactly an issue, so that helped. I've heard plenty of people saying that they are going to send a car back, but Pete is the only one that has done it.

Sorry about that, Chris.

Brewster
10-15-2005, 12:43 PM
sweet pics man.

SP 7M
10-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Thanks dude. Glad you like them.

flubyux2
10-18-2005, 12:41 PM
yeah, those soarers are as old as MK3's. my friend taka who lives in fukuoka(sp) says he NEVER sees them or soarers anymore. they are either owned by rich people who can afford to pay the taxes on them or gone to auction/broker's for export to other countries, or junked. one of my friends knows a guy who is stationed in japan too, and he said its nothng to go to a junkyard and see like 5 RSP MKIV supras. the problem is, that most people in japan are unwilling to work with you if you cant even speak their language.

the only way to get a JDM car through us customs w/o declaring it a race car or rarity, is to disassemble it into its major components and bring it in as a parts car. that means buying a $300-$500 10x30 container, putting the car in there, pulling the powertrain, removing doors, hood, trunk/hatch, front and rear subframes, steering wheel and front seats. at that point, its torn down enough to not be a driveable car. at this point, itll pass customs and then just have to be reassembled stateside.

Loki89t
10-18-2005, 01:17 PM
the only way to get a JDM car through us customs w/o declaring it a race car or rarity, is to disassemble it into its major components and bring it in as a parts car. that means buying a $300-$500 10x30 container, putting the car in there, pulling the powertrain, removing doors, hood, trunk/hatch, front and rear subframes, steering wheel and front seats. at that point, its torn down enough to not be a driveable car. at this point, itll pass customs and then just have to be reassembled stateside.

That's why I'm happy I live in Canada, we can import cars from anywhere no problem. Well the only kind of bad thing is they have to be 15 years old or older, but that's fine cause then we can get all the cool '80s car :snork_tan

flubyux2
10-18-2005, 02:28 PM
find how how i can get myself an 89 soarer 3.0GT imported there. i want one, and i want you canucks to help me get it.

Loki89t
10-18-2005, 02:39 PM
find how how i can get myself an 89 soarer 3.0GT imported there. i want one, and i want you canucks to help me get it.

If you have the money it's easy to get one, I know a guy who could get one over here easily enough, I was talking to him about bringing over a Turbo A, he figured about $8000cdn delivered to my door for it. So I don't see a Soarer being anymore than that, then you just have to figure out how to get it over the border legally.

Brewster
10-18-2005, 11:01 PM
i want a 1jz soarer.

flubyux2
10-19-2005, 12:14 AM
the jzz30 soarers are still a fair bit of money... like $5000usd purchase price. then, figure in the shipping and brokerage fees. fortunately, i prefer 7M's and the boxy soarer... those things are about $1500-$2000 usd purchase price at the auctions. i figure maybe $1500 shipping/brokerage fees. i expect to pay between $3000-$4000usd all said and done for an MZ20 Soarer 3.0GT. at least, thats what ive already been quoted by a local importer; evolutionimports.com.

i wonder how picky the US customs are about a canadian vehicle coming to the states. it might be easier than trying to bring a whole car straight from japan into the states.

oh, i got it... what if i were able to get the VIN and have it registered, titled and plated for florida... flew up to canada with registration and florida plates, put them on the car and drove back across the border like it was already a US-approvesd car?

Brewster
10-19-2005, 12:20 AM
the jzz30 soarers are still a fair bit of money... like $5000usd purchase price. then, figure in the shipping and brokerage fees. fortunately, i prefer 7M's and the boxy soarer... those things are about $1500-$2000 usd purchase price at the auctions. i figure maybe $1500 shipping/brokerage fees. i expect to pay between $3000-$4000usd all said and done for an MZ20 Soarer 3.0GT. at least, thats what ive already been quoted by a local importer; evolutionimports.com.

i wonder how picky the US customs are about a canadian vehicle coming to the states. it might be easier than trying to bring a whole car straight from japan into the states.

oh, i got it... what if i were able to get the VIN and have it registered, titled and plated for florida... flew up to canada with registration and florida plates, put them on the car and drove back across the border like it was already a US-approvesd car?

If you can get it registered first I don't forsee any problems. But I heard somewhere that Japanese VINs are different (shorter..longer..) and you won't be able to register it. I don't know how true this is though, just something I heard.

flubyux2
10-19-2005, 12:33 AM
yeah, japanese VIN's are shorter. you know how ours start out JT2MA71.... they dont have all that information. i think they just have the production number as part of the VIN. i dont think that the actual registration VIN includes chassis codes... but they might.

in florida, its supposedly very easy to register cars. you dont need a full length VIN or a legitimate model name. In florida, i understand that you only need a vehicle Make that is available in the US. if you have a Vauxhaul, Skoda or something that never ever came here, you are screwed. id have to look more in depth and verify whether there is any truth to the ease of registration... but ive heard it first hand from the man who runs evolution imports and apparantly does this on a daily basis. he said he would be willing to help me take care of the insurance, registration and plating the car even if i didnt buy thru him. i have a friend in japan who visits the US all the time and has an FD he brings over, but cant be registered. he said that he would help my friend register his own personal vehicle. he seems like a straight shooter. hes based out of orlando.

Loki89t
10-19-2005, 12:23 PM

If you cang et it registered down there, I don't see why you couldn't do that. They'd just ask to see the registration for it and what not and you could show it to them. It might work :snork_ham

flubyux2
10-19-2005, 01:17 PM
yeah, techncally, i think it shoudl work. but the only thng that scares me, is that id have to spend the $3500 to buy the car BEFORE i could even find out if the car would get registered. its not like "oh, will you guys register this car and give me a plate? Yes? Great, ill go buy it now!".. nope, it has to be lke "Hey, i just bought ths car, will you guys register it and give me a plate? No? what do you mean no? great, now i have this car that i cant even drive or return. Fawk!" its risky and stuff.

Loki89t
10-19-2005, 01:40 PM
yeah, techncally, i think it shoudl work. but the only thng that scares me, is that id have to spend the $3500 to buy the car BEFORE i could even find out if the car would get registered. its not like "oh, will you guys register this car and give me a plate? Yes? Great, ill go buy it now!".. nope, it has to be lke "Hey, i just bought ths car, will you guys register it and give me a plate? No? what do you mean no? great, now i have this car that i cant even drive or return. Fawk!" its risky and stuff.

If that happened and you couldn't regiter it, I could make a sacrifice and drive it around for you :lol:

If I had the money and you couldn't get it registered I'd buy it off you, but right now I have no money.

flubyux2
10-22-2005, 02:38 AM
lol... yeah, im broke too. im sitting on 3, maybe 4 potential sales. ive got 2 87 turbos to sell. maybe 1 if i cant sort the title out on the other. a monte carlo and this rx7. if i can get the title cleared up on the other 87, i could have anywhere from 12k to 14k, all said and done. but, once i start moving cars, the more money i can make, and the closer i can get to picking up a soarer ;) id be teh happiest guy evar if i could get one and do a supra front end swap. OMG, thatd be Teh Hotness... madd Tyte USDM swappery yo!

Loki89t
10-22-2005, 01:16 PM
lol... yeah, im broke too. im sitting on 3, maybe 4 potential sales. ive got 2 87 turbos to sell. maybe 1 if i cant sort the title out on the other. a monte carlo and this rx7. if i can get the title cleared up on the other 87, i could have anywhere from 12k to 14k, all said and done. but, once i start moving cars, the more money i can make, and the closer i can get to picking up a soarer ;) id be teh happiest guy evar if i could get one and do a supra front end swap. OMG, thatd be Teh Hotness... madd Tyte USDM swappery yo!

The Supra front end swap would be cool, if I ever get a good paying job I should pick up a Soarer or some other cool car from Japan and then rub it in everyone faces that I have one and they don't :snork_lac :snork_tan

flubyux2
10-23-2005, 01:31 AM
Job... yeah, that would help alot. i think im going to look into getting a job one of these days. that is, if i cant make enough money buying and selling cars and doing mechanic work around town. if i keep this up, i will have to open a shop.

Loki89t
10-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Job... yeah, that would help alot. i think im going to look into getting a job one of these days. that is, if i cant make enough money buying and selling cars and doing mechanic work around town. if i keep this up, i will have to open a shop.

Can I come work for you? :woowoo:

flubyux2
10-24-2005, 11:11 PM
sure, as long as you arent French-canadien, say "Eh" religiously, call ham "bacon", refer to people as "Hosers", slack off, ask for time off, do poor work or want money or benefits. ;)

Loki89t
10-25-2005, 11:48 AM
sure, as long as you arent French-canadien, say "Eh" religiously, call ham "bacon", refer to people as "Hosers", slack off, ask for time off, do poor work or want money or benefits. ;)

I'm not french, the french suck. I don't say eh, I don't think I call ham bacon, never called someone a hoser, well inless I'm joking around. I slack off, ask for time off, I do good work.....sometimes, and I would like to at least get payed.

SupraMan1784
10-25-2005, 01:30 PM
he can pay you with love and kisses....and an occasional warm bear hug :wub:

SP 7M
10-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Hey guys. I got back off my little trip last Thursday but the internet in my building hasn't been working. Yesterday I went out and took 15 or so pics of some cars around here. As soon as Joe gets the internet back up where I live I'll post a link for them on here.

Later.

7MGTESUPRAMAN
10-25-2005, 07:06 PM
those are some nice pics you have of japan SP 7M

flubyux2, the soarer cars are nice i like the boxy style design they have, kinda reminds me of the infiniti M30

SP 7M
10-26-2005, 05:07 AM
Thanks. More to follow.

flubyux2
10-27-2005, 03:48 PM
yeah, i personally pondered doing an M30 convertible with a VG30DETT swap and a 5sp conversion.. but then i remembered how gay nissans are and how much i hate them. plus, a vert would contradict my entire purpose of wanting to do a hardtop coupe anyways.

the cool thing about the soarer is, it comes stock w/ a 7MGTE, uses MK3 parts and i can even do a reverse Soapra conversion... its just a matter of getting one over here.

SP 7M
10-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Chris-I didn't give you the proper permission to use my quote in your sig.

flubyux2
10-27-2005, 10:18 PM
its public domain. nothing that was said on the public forum was intended soleley for the originator or recipients. ;)

Loki89t
10-27-2005, 11:13 PM
Chris-I didn't give you the proper permission to use my quote in your sig.

And on top of what he said above me, Flubbers owns your face. So you can't really argue with him :snork_lac

7MGTESUPRAMAN
10-28-2005, 06:57 AM
yeah, i personally pondered doing an M30 convertible with a VG30DETT swap and a 5sp conversion.. but then i remembered how gay nissans are and how much i hate them. plus, a vert would contradict my entire purpose of wanting to do a hardtop coupe anyways.

the cool thing about the soarer is, it comes stock w/ a 7MGTE, uses MK3 parts and i can even do a reverse Soapra conversion... its just a matter of getting one over here.

i can totally understand that that front end conversion would look good, haven't seen any pics of a soarer with a supra front end on it but i have seen a pic with the soarer front end on a supra

SP 7M
10-28-2005, 07:47 AM
its public domain. nothing that was said on the public forum was intended soleley for the originator or recipients. ;)Ok, that's a good one. Nice of you to hit me with the formal response. What you're really doing, though, is promoting my name. You should charge me for that.

Brayden-Nobody but me owns my face. Neither of you even know what my face looks like, so he can't own it. You can't either. Yeah.

Loki89t
10-28-2005, 11:39 AM
Brayden-Nobody but me owns my face. Neither of you even know what my face looks like, so he can't own it. You can't either. Yeah.

But I own Joe's face :snork_bli

supraman2251
10-28-2005, 08:57 PM
about the swastikas: theres two kinds of swastika, a male, and a female. the female one is the one that looks like its rotating clockwise, and represents "evil", the male rotates counter-clockwise and represents "good". the nazis use the female, buddhists, use male.

EDIT: about japan, I didnt fully understand why you cant get a car, is it because you're there on business, or do you have to have a certain social status to get one? I want to move out there fresh outta college and teach conversational english, along w/ working other odd jobs till I can open up a shop...

SP 7M
10-29-2005, 02:45 AM
But I own Joe's face :snork_bliThis is true.

Supraman-It's because I'm here on business that I can't get a car. I'm not sweatin' it, though.

Brewster
10-30-2005, 10:05 PM
But I own Joe's face :snork_bli

Ok, who sdoesn't onw joes face?

SP 7M
10-31-2005, 02:25 AM
Ok, who doesn't own joes face?I don't care to.

flubyux2
11-01-2005, 12:58 AM
all you mothatruckers that keep using my phrase are gonna have to start paraphrasing it and paying tribute to the trademark... that and when you guys insist on saying "madd tyte JDM yo", because i own both the faces of those phrases ;)

that is interesting info on the swastikas. i didnt think about there being 2 opposing orientations to reflect different motives. tahts pretty cool mang.

as far as making you pay for my advertisment of your good name, we will let it slide as you are promoting my credibility at the same time :)

SP 7M
11-01-2005, 06:51 AM
as far as making you pay for my advertisment of your good name, we will let it slide as you are promoting my credibility at the same time :)Deal.

All you own is feces, Chris. No faces for you...MANG! :moon:

SP 7M
11-01-2005, 06:55 AM
I almost forgot...I'll be going out to take more pics tomorrow. The ones I originally took for you guys decided to disappear, but I already have about 13 new ones and I'll probably get 20-ish tomorrow.

As soon as the fool down the hall pays his internet bill I'll post them. He has to realize that it's not just his internet access he's f*cking with. Those of us biting off his signal have sh*t to do, too. F*ck! lol

supraman2251
11-01-2005, 07:32 AM
so you're stealing internet from someone?

SP 7M
11-01-2005, 07:59 AM
No. He knows we use his signal-he gave us his password and troubleshoots when things go wrong. My roommate offered to pay part of the bill, but he refused. That's not stealing. I'm not a stealer.

7MGTESUPRAMAN
11-01-2005, 01:53 PM
I would say that he is just borrowing it, not stealing it.

flubyux2
11-01-2005, 02:20 PM
lol, good work with the internet piracy. if he was borrowing the internet, he would have to give it back when he is done... doesnt it bug you when kids in school asked to borrow a piece of gum or a piece of paper... sweet jesus, i hope they arent planning to give back a piece of chewed up gum or paper with a Liger drawn all over it.. freaking jabroni's.. [/tangent]

seriously though, cant wait to see some new pics. did you happen to snap some of the local Aristos? id like to see what youre seeing over there.

btw, i own Feces, but my stock in them is too high so im trying to unload my inventory ;)

Loki89t
11-01-2005, 07:15 PM
btw, i own Feces, but my stock in them is too high so im trying to unload my inventory ;)

:snork_ske

supraman2251
11-01-2005, 07:26 PM
No. He knows we use his signal-he gave us his password and troubleshoots when things go wrong. My roommate offered to pay part of the bill, but he refused. That's not stealing. I'm not a stealer.
ok, in that case... LUCKY!!! sheesh..

7MGTESUPRAMAN
11-01-2005, 07:35 PM
lol, good work with the internet piracy. if he was borrowing the internet, he would have to give it back when he is done... doesnt it bug you when kids in school asked to borrow a piece of gum or a piece of paper... sweet jesus, i hope they arent planning to give back a piece of chewed up gum or paper with a Liger drawn all over it.. freaking jabroni's.. [/tangent]
;)
oh yeah, the ones that kinda asked just about every day :eusa_hand :snork_abe

flubyux2
11-02-2005, 12:58 AM
yeah, seriously man... if i had to give them a piece of paper, i made DAMN sure that i ripped it out of my spiral notebook with all sorts of shards of paper shreds hanging off it and a corner of the sheet still lingering in my note book, so they couldnt write on the whole page. hahaha, suckers!

SP 7M
11-02-2005, 04:41 AM
Yeah, I'm not a pirate or a stealer.

Chris-You will see what I'm seeing over here just as soon as the dickshit (different than a dipshit) down the hall pays his bill. Aristos included. I took more pics today and have nearly 40 of 'em waiting for you guys.

Today I saw two MA70s-the only MA70s I've seen since I've been here. I got a pic of one of them.

7MGTESUPRAMAN
11-02-2005, 07:06 AM
yeah, seriously man... if i had to give them a piece of paper, i made DAMN sure that i ripped it out of my spiral notebook with all sorts of shards of paper shreds hanging off it and a corner of the sheet still lingering in my note book, so they couldnt write on the whole page. hahaha, suckers!
i know what you mean, i did some of those like that too :lol:

7MGTESUPRAMAN
11-02-2005, 07:07 AM
Yeah, I'm not a pirate or a stealer.

Chris-You will see what I'm seeing over here just as soon as the dickshit (different than a dipshit) down the hall pays his bill. Aristos included. I took more pics today and have nearly 40 of 'em waiting for you guys.

Today I saw two MA70s-the only MA70s I've seen since I've been here. I got a pic of one of them.
that dickshit really needs to pay his bill so all of us can see what we are really missing out on over there

SP 7M
11-02-2005, 08:08 AM
that dickshit really needs to pay his bill so all of us can see what we are really missing out on over thereThat's right man! I'm getting impatient with him. He one of those guys that can't even live his life under his own custody.

7MGTESUPRAMAN
11-02-2005, 09:50 AM
That's right man! I'm getting impatient with him. He one of those guys that can't even live his life under his own custody.
I guess he's a type person that needs some one to :help: him out every once in a while :snork_abe

SP 7M
11-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Help isn't the word.

7MGTESUPRAMAN
11-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Don't know what else to say about him then

SP 7M
11-02-2005, 10:49 AM
His situation is beyond words.

This pics are going to burn a hole in my memory stick.

flubyux2
11-02-2005, 04:18 PM
whoever was drivng those MA70's must have been rich people. i understand that its REALLY expensive to keep an old car on the road overthere... you shoulda met them and said "give me yens"

this guy sounds like he needs a swift kick in the junk to get him motivated!

7MGTESUPRAMAN
11-03-2005, 07:11 AM
this guy sounds like he needs a swift kick in the junk to get him motivated!
I agree :bonk: :aiwebs_00

SP 7M
11-03-2005, 07:13 AM
whoever was drivng those MA70's must have been rich people. i understand that its REALLY expensive to keep an old car on the road overthere... you shoulda met them and said "give me yens"

this guy sounds like he needs a swift kick in the junk to get him motivated!The MA70 I saw first had an 18-ish year old driving it. I saw the other one parked then driving later, but I didn't see the driver. The second one was pretty dirty-as my pic of it will show.

The internet-less guy might like a kick to the junk if a guy gave him one. His sexual orientation is kind of up in the air. He's probably bi. And that is DISGUSTING.

Damn, this thread is the biggest in OT. I never thought it would get to this point. Cool!

Loki89t
11-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Look what I found for sale Chris ;)

http://www.terra2imports.ca/ab-larger/112604421030756.jpg
http://www.terra2imports.ca/ab-larger/112604421255582.jpg

SP 7M
11-04-2005, 02:20 AM
Oh yeah, he'll just take a drive and snatch it up.

There's a JZS147 (Chris, not 141) Aristo driving by.

7MGTESUPRAMAN
11-04-2005, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't mind having one of those Toyota Soarer to be a daliy driver

Loki89t
11-04-2005, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't mind having one of those Toyota Soarer to be a daliy driver

Neither would I, but instead I'm going to buy a truck.

flubyux2
11-05-2005, 01:37 AM
thats on a used car lot near you or what? are you able to check that out in person? how much do they want for that shit! where is the buy-it-now button! i need it.

its a 3.0GT too, not a base model.

my bust dawg, i cant keep the chassis codes straight. the jzs141 is a crown. but, how much are the jzs160/1's going for over there?

Loki89t
11-05-2005, 10:23 AM
thats on a used car lot near you or what? are you able to check that out in person? how much do they want for that shit! where is the buy-it-now button! i need it.

The car is at a dealer in Japan, found it on a website for some importing place down in Vnacouver or someplace around there. They want $12,300cdn for it, I could probably get one for alot cheaper than that though. I know a guy who brings cars over, and he says he can get them for cheaper than most places.

flubyux2
11-06-2005, 01:46 AM
oh thats awesome. there is an importer in orlando, about 30-45min from me. i called him last year and asked him about getting me an MZ20 3.0GT soarer. he did a quick search on his japanese auction site. he told me that they are going for about $1500-2000 USD. after brokerage fees and shipping charges, he could have it at my house for ~$3500 USD, all said and done. im not sure how much cheaper it could get through one of your canadian importer joints. you should axe them how much it would cost for a bone stock 3.0GT in clean condition. id have to add probably $800 to taht price in order to get the car from there to here.

SP 7M
11-07-2005, 08:07 AM

my bust dawg, i cant keep the chassis codes straight. the jzs141 is a crown. but, how much are the jzs160/1's going for over there?Yeah, that car is for sale .2 miles away from me. I already talked to Kunimitsu Ishigawa, the owner of the lot and he said he can have it at your door for 10,000 Yen. :laughabov

The newer Crowns are damn nice cars. I could easily enjoy driving one of those. I haven't seen much in the way of JZS161s here. I've tried to see how much some cars are going for at some lots but some of them don't even advertise the price in yen in the windows. I've seen some lots that advertise their prices in USD and they're pretty attractive. I can easily convert yen to USD more accurately than most (from what it seems), but no yen=no conversion.

Picture update-I believe I have 47 now. I'll hunt for an alternate method to upload them soon.

flubyux2
11-07-2005, 11:56 AM
tahts pretty sweet. i think that he can have it shipped to a port in the US, but if he doesnt have a way to get it past customs, itll never make it to my door ;) lol... i think the only way to do it is to bring it in through canada or bring it in as a parts car; in pieces/shell like Evolutionimports does it.

Loki89t
11-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Next time I talk to that guy I know I'll ask him about a 3.0 Soarer for you Chris.

SP 7M
11-08-2005, 06:50 AM
tahts pretty sweet. i think that he can have it shipped to a port in the US, but if he doesnt have a way to get it past customs, itll never make it to my door ;) lol... i think the only way to do it is to bring it in through canada or bring it in as a parts car; in pieces/shell like Evolutionimports does it.Oh, this guy's got Customs agents in his back pocket.

miggles
11-09-2005, 06:31 AM
In australia there are importers/brokers that can get u cars from auctions in jap. prestige imports (google it in australia) is one importer/broker.their web addy has lots of car pics.Only thing is they are destined for aust and other countries.We have a lot of 1j soarers and couple of 7m soarers.

SP 7M
11-10-2005, 03:06 AM
In australia there are importers/brokers that can get u cars from auctions in jap. prestige imports (google it in australia) is one importer/broker.their web addy has lots of car pics.Only thing is they are destined for aust and other countries.We have a lot of 1j soarers and couple of 7m soarers.Sounds cool, man. You guys have got some pretty fine automobiles from Japan there.

miggles
11-10-2005, 05:28 AM
only cos there are 2 "large" cars,2-4 "medium" cars, and a handful of "small" cars for sale in aust.*yay* what a huge choice.No wonder imports are so popular.The govt is trying to stop the import of cars from overseas (mainly jap) due to pressure from the manufacturers stating they are going to lose jobs and close up blah blah.

SP 7M
11-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Australia is no car-producing superpower (that's one word, right?). I don't believe anyone has ever accused them of being such.

SP 7M
11-16-2005, 03:15 AM
Well I posted some pics today but I think that only half of them actually uploaded successfully. I deleted all of the pics as soon as I thought they were uploaded, so that's why I didn't try to do it again. I thought I had more for you guy so I'll try to get some more.

Here's the link (again): http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/far_beyond91/album?.dir=/72f6

I hope they're of your liking.

dizahl
11-16-2005, 08:32 AM
loki can i use your address to ship over a r32 gt-r skyline? or a rhd supra? or a 180sx, silvia?or maybe an evo?

dizahl
11-16-2005, 08:59 AM
by my stars craig was that a rb20?? that black mk4 has the same body kit as my 240sx, well kind of, the front bumper is a little different but yet the same. that mk3 was pretty tight even though it was a little dirty.

Loki89t
11-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Nice pics Craig. Dizahl, there are a few people who want me to help them bring in a Skyline or Soarer, I dunno if I want to cause if you can't take it down over the border I'll be stuck with a bunch of cars :lol:

dizahl
11-16-2005, 10:42 AM
and thats a bad thing why? dude they already payed for them. free imports man think about it.

SP 7M
11-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Mark-That's a RB25DET with a TD-06, Greddy intake and tubular exhaust manifold. It's inside the blue 4 dr. Skyline GTS25t w/ an Ab Flug body kit. That's the guy that has the turbo for sale. I haven't talked to him again yet, but I've still got nearly four more weeks here, so I'll have a chance to get over to talk to him some time.

Loki89t
11-16-2005, 06:08 PM
and thats a bad thing why? dude they already payed for them. free imports man think about it.

Until they can't take them down to the states and then I'm stuck with them, I don't have the money to insure them or anything, so I'd just be selling them for them. No fun there, I'd wanna drive them :cry:

dizahl
11-16-2005, 07:13 PM
my bad, after i looked again i realise my mistake but thanks for correcting me, i should have noticed it was a 25 very simular at a glance. loki keep the best ones for yourself every 3 months switch insurance and drive a different car every 3 months thats what i do. :aiwebs_00

SP 7M
11-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Well the weather has finally cooled down here and it's quite comfortable. It just went from highs in the low 80s and humid to highs in the 60s, windy and relatively low humidity. I'm all about it since I finally need to wear a sweatshirt to keep comfy. It helps make it seem a little more like it's Christmas season, too.

joel w.
11-19-2005, 08:28 PM
been reading this post, kinda cool man. id like to go there sometime. kinda off topic but.. ive been studying the art of japanese sword making and metalergy. built a forge and am going to give it a try.. its kind of a lost art. There is only a hand full of ppl in the world can make a quality blade today and they sell for as much as the mk4's. i dunno, just bored also...

7MGTESUPRAMAN
11-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Nice pics you got there SP 7M

SP 7M
11-20-2005, 12:39 AM
been reading this post, kinda cool man. id like to go there sometime. kinda off topic but.. ive been studying the art of japanese sword making and metalergy. built a forge and am going to give it a try.. its kind of a lost art. There is only a hand full of ppl in the world can make a quality blade today and they sell for as much as the mk4's. i dunno, just bored also...I've heard of some guy here that still makes swords and charges insane amounts for them. Other than swords the culture is pretty interesting here. From what I can tell Japanese people are the most polite and courteous people I've ever come across. They're all about being respectful.

Thanks, 7MGTE. I'll try to get some more posted before long.

I forgot to include that the white MKIII is a GA70 and the black one is a MA70, the two green Skylines are R33 GTS25t's (RB25DET), the green 4 dr. with a bad lighting angle is a Chaser and the white 4 dr. is a Mark II.

joel w.
11-20-2005, 09:49 AM
ohhh ya? Paul Chen is one of the best sword makers today that i have read about. i wonder if he lives down there still

yes i wish kids here today had the same respectfullness and disciplin as they do there. we would be far better off..

SP 7M
11-21-2005, 12:01 AM
ohhh ya?Yeah.

Yup, people are far too disrespectful. There are way too many people out there that are only out for themselves. They're called shitheads.

I've only got 2-3.5 weeks to go here and I can't f*ckin' wait to leave. I'll probably be flying out on a Volga Dnepr (the company) Russian Antonov AN-124 (the plane). I think it will be a pretty cool experience.

joel w.
11-23-2005, 11:17 AM
SP7M, i dont see in your thread here why your in okinawa? i assume your in the service? i see your a helo mechanic on the CH-53D. is that the big ass twin turbine? do you get to test drive them when your done workin on it?

i prefer fixed wings myself but have always been amazed by copters., i lived in chelan for few years across from the airport, every summer was fire season and the airport would fill up with the huge water bucket hilos. they dont look that big from the road, but when i walked up to one it was so huge i had a hard time believing my eyes.. amazed they get off the ground sometimes... :respekt:

SP 7M
11-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Joel-You got me, I'm in the military. I try to keep that on the DL because I don't appreciate people making assumptions about me-not that I give a shit about what anybody thinks about me, but yeah.

Our planes are the second of three "generations" of the 53 (53A, 53D, 53E). They do indeed have two engines which make around 7,800 HP combined (we don't use HP ratings, though). I'm not sure how much torque they make, but they can make too much for the "drivetrain" to handle it. It's funny that you say you're amazed at their capability to fly because it can not be mathematically proven that they can-not that that's worth anything.

I'll tell you more if you like. All you've got to do is ask.

joel w.
11-25-2005, 06:11 PM
ya dont let people get to you about being in the service. I know you guys dont always get the support you deserve for what you have to do. that sucks bigtime. people should realize that freedom isnt free and they shoud thank every person in service that they know for protecting thier way of life.. thats what i think anyways...

anyways. thats an incredable amount of horsepower, yes, ive heard something about the math too, like the bumble bee isnt supposed to be able to fly either.. thats the example i use when ever some one tells me i cant do something.. then i do it anyways.. your only limitation is your own imagination....

big fan of all things that fly,, my pop is a private pilot , hes got an old cessna 182 with a heavily modded motor, its damm fast for cessna lol.. he lets me fly it on trips sometimes,, i like it...

SP 7M
11-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Aviation is a great field to have a career in-it's enjoyable and pays well.

My buddy Pete in HI (NY native) is 27 and probably has close to 3,500 flight hours. He used to be a pilot for FedEx flying L10-11s, he owns his own flight instuctor school in HI (for Cessna-type aircraft) and is also a crewchief on the same planes I work on. I'm not sure all of what he owns now, but I'm pretty sure it includes a small jet. I went flying with him once in his friend's Cessna and I got a little stick time, all though I really don't care to fly unless it's on a large jet. I've had some problems with motion sickness flying on our planes and the Cessna wasn't quite so enjoyable either.

I've had about 15 minutes of stick time on our planes as well, but like I said, I don't really care to fly. Maintaining them is what I'm all about.

joel w.
11-25-2005, 07:28 PM
yeah im in the same boat, i cant fly when its windy or turbulant. ill loose my cookies...so i only go up when its smooth, im ok when its rough and im in control, but when im not its all over...
:barf:

SP 7M
11-29-2005, 04:45 PM
I can deal with turbulence on an airliner with no problem and I have dealt with some significant roughness. It didn't make me nervous, though, because I know that aircraft are designed to withstand violent conditions-those worse than what pilots and air traffic controllers will knowingly fly or allow you to fly into.

For whatever reason on slower, lighter aircraft I don't do as well. It's no fun trying to remain completely alert and perform your duties when you're airsick. That's something I'm all too familiar with. Thank God I'm not in flight status anymore (at work).

joel w.
11-29-2005, 05:07 PM
yeah my issue is with smaller planes only.... usually when i watch the thin aluminum wing bend/flex up and down 12 inches or so from rough air.. have you seen the boeing vid where they stress test the wing of a 747, i think it flexed like 27ft before it broke up... thats crazy..

SP 7M
11-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Yep, aircraft are manufactured to be amazingly strong.

SP 7M
12-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Well I'm finally leaving this Sunday. I'll be riding on an Air Force C5 along with two of our planes. Yeah, they're big.

That's an Air Force version of our plane getting loaded into one.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/images/c-5-9.jpg

Yes, they can actually fly-as demonstrated below.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/ca/Usaf.c5.galaxy.750pix.jpg/285px-Usaf.c5.galaxy.750pix.jpg

joel w.
12-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Cool man, glad you get to head home... wholly crap thats big ive seen similar piks but with 2 big tucks or busses side by side,
have a safe trip...

Loki89t
12-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Have a safe trip Craig.

dizahl
12-07-2005, 07:00 PM
craig sneak some cars into that bad boy, i have got to get me one of those! how many supras can you fit in that thing?

7MGTESUPRAMAN
12-08-2005, 05:51 AM
That's a big plane and have a safe trip back home.

IHI-RHC7
12-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Have a safe trip and Thank you!

dizahl
12-08-2005, 08:30 PM
when can we expect to hear from you again after sunday?

SP 7M
12-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Thanks for all the kind words guys.

There won't be any room to sneak any cars in there as we have two main gearbox QCUs (quick change units) as well as a couple of large pallets going back on it, too. I'll post pics to show you all our planes and QCUs waiting and ready to be loaded in a few days.

You're very welcome, Jake. Thanks a bunch for your support.

You'll hear from me after Sunday on Sunday. Since Okinawa's time is 19 hours ahead of HI's, and if we actually go straight through to there (it's supposed to happen), I'll show up there before the time that I left Okinawa. It takes about 12-13 hours to fly there and if we leave here at 1:45 in the PM (what I heard last, however subject to change) I'll arrive there at around 7 in the AM on the same day. I surely won't have any "time travelling blues," though (that's an album), since my wife will be there waiting for me. Yippee!

SP 7M
12-13-2005, 01:12 PM
Hey guys, I got back here to HI yesterday. We were supposed to leave on Sunday, however, circumstances changed. The C-5 crew we were loading our planes with was loading the particular aircraft for the first time. To give you an idea of just how much of a difference that makes between an experienced crew and one with a lack thereof, it took 10 hours to load both of our planes when it usually takes 2-3. I'm not even going to continue to tell you how much of a headache it was.

So toward the end of that affair we found out that we were going to have to wait until the next day to leave. Shit.

Anyway, I'm no longer bored on Okinawa and I'll have to get to cleanin' the shite out of my cars so that I can post some pics in the Supra Showoff section.

Talk to you guys later.

-Craig

ma71supraturbo
12-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Congrats on making it back stateside -- I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

7MGTESUPRAMAN
12-13-2005, 02:28 PM
It's good to know that you made it back to HI.

Loki89t
12-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Glad to hear you got back safe, can't wait to see some better pics of the cars!

SP 7M
12-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Thanks, guys. I worked my schedule at work so that I get the next two weeks off. That will leave me with plenty of time to get the Lexus looking decent and clean the crap out of my Supra. I should have some pics ready after this weekend, though. They should look acceptable at that time.

SP 7M
12-17-2005, 11:00 AM
Okinawa sucks bad. I just thought I'd throw that in there.

dizahl
12-30-2005, 02:09 PM
glad you made it back craig sorry i've been gone for 3 weeks.

SP 7M
01-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Thanks Mark. I understand that people have things that need to be taken care of.

There have been some major changes in my life as seen in the "Bad News" thread here in OT.