What is my MKIII worth? - The Toyota Supra Forums

post #1 of 4 Old 10-14-2016, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Chazman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What is my MKIII worth?

It's been so long since I've been on this forum, I lost my username so just rejoined. I've had my Supra for about 10 or 11 years and has been a great stress reliever but I've decided I may sell it this spring. Now I'm looking around for an equivalent car to get an idea what it is worth and so far haven't had any luck. It's a 1990 model with the 1jz conversion but that was how I bought it. Over the years, I have changed it a lot. I have put between 16 and 18 thousand dollars in just parts and it is now what I call stupid fast. I feel like I'm going to get killed in this thing and every cop in the county is just waiting for me to slip up.
I was hoping for some honest advise from the members as to what I can expect to get for it and where is the best place to sell it. When I do, it won't be to anyone around here and not to a kid who won't respect it.

The body is excellent and the paint was good til I decided to mold the body kit into the body and repaint it which will be done before I sell it. Body kit is a demon 2 duralast.Put a decent sound system in it but never turn it on because I like to hear the engine. The interior is factory in good shape.
Engine: 1Jz gte from half cut put in right. Top feed 550 injectors, AEM fpr with guage, walbro fuel pump but could use a dual pump set up. Old school Greddy T7833D polished turbo on a Greddy manifold and a greddy wastegate with dump pipe.3" exhaust, of course. HKS SSQ blowoff, 4 flu intercooler (CX Racing). Map is from drift motion as is the AEM wide band O2 and AEM stand alone ECU (big investment, big payoff in power). Dyno'd at 500 rwhp then dialed it back to 480. Has a toggled ecu map that is set at 425 hp on one end and when switch is flipped, goes to 480. Not stupid, just safe. At high switch at wot, the car will break traction around 80 mph when greddy hits in 3rd and start sideways. That's with NITO ZR tires. HAs a ACT stage 3 clutch on a Fidenza lightened flywheel. It's nearly bullet proof but not much fun if just driving around town. Blew 2 stage 2's so had no choice. Tranny is the R154 and has a custom cnc'd short throw, standard height shifter. The dif is a 373 gear lsd from a MKIV. Still have the old dif but 1st gear was useless with that gear ratio. Brakes are ceramic with drilled rotors. Suspension is eibach Tokico shocks that adjust with the factory ride buttons. I built this car from the back to the front, making sure everything behind the engine can handle it.
There's more stuff but just can't think of it right now. I've only ran this car once over 125 mph, mainly because I was afraid it would lift. But the one time I did when I found a good long straight and a spotter, it stayed glued to the road up to 165 or so when I let up. It was way short of redline (around 6000 rpms) and was still pulling pretty hard. It was about that time that I realized I needed to get shed of it.
I'll post more tomorrow but have to head home now. I really appreaciate any imput, good or bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-15-2016, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Chazman

[IMG][/IMG]

post #3 of 4 Old 10-22-2016, 01:30 AM
Ljubica

Great products for cleaning, protecting and restoring your favorite car:
http://luxxio.co.nz/

post #4 of 4 Old 11-09-2016, 04:12 PM
elikesrice

I'm not going to lie bud but looks like it's in great condition. The Turbo looks sick! I hope you get a good deal on it. Too bad you have to sell it. Great job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode