94 Single Turbo Auto Supra 4000rpm MISS - The Toyota Supra Forums

post #1 of 2 Old 06-21-2016, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
94Supra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thumbs down 94 Single Turbo Auto Supra 4000rpm MISS

Started doing it recently after a year of being single turbo while the battery was dying as i was driving it home,,
94 Auto Supra TT converted to Single T67- @16psi
MapEcu3- maf delete, 4.1v FCD, AEM wideband/ timing is left at 0 not in use
Supra running 12v mod on switch so its not @9psi unless im cruising

The problem is that im having break-up on boost or without boost just slowly pressing down the throttle right at 4000 rpms, (the tach just bounces) eventually it will rev past that if i still hold it down may take it 2 whole seconds sometimes 5!! kinda scary really. My AFR shows 12.9 on Idle and 10.2-.9 under boost and right when its cutting out its at the same my a/f shows 10-11 so i know its getting fuel, it will do it at 5psi so its not boost cut, and it will do it in park at -10 hg just slowly giving it gas to reach 4000rpm my knock sensor code apears after this break up as well then goes away? what do you guys suggest? has anyone been thru this?
Ive already replaced: Coils, Spark plugs, Igniter, TPS, coil connectors, i seen one exposed wire that leads to the coil right in front of the timing belt and taped it so it doesnt ground out but still no luck, it doesnt miss in idle maybe at 2500rpms but i think its because of too much fuel in that region i see 10 a/f. Any more info i can provide to ya guys to help diagnose this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-21-2016, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
94Supra

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94Supra View Post
Started doing it recently after a year of being single turbo while the battery was dying as i was driving it home,,
94 Auto Supra TT converted to Single T67- @16psi
MapEcu3- maf delete, 4.1v FCD, AEM wideband/ timing is left at 0 not in use
Supra running 12v mod on switch so its not @9psi unless im cruising

The problem is that im having break-up on boost or without boost just slowly pressing down the throttle right at 4000 rpms, (the tach just bounces) eventually it will rev past that if i still hold it down may take it 2 whole seconds sometimes 5!! kinda scary really. My AFR shows 12.9 on Idle and 10.2-.9 under boost and right when its cutting out its at the same my a/f shows 10-11 so i know its getting fuel, it will do it at 5psi so its not boost cut, and it will do it in park at -10 hg just slowly giving it gas to reach 4000rpm my knock sensor code apears after this break up as well then goes away? what do you guys suggest? has anyone been thru this?
Ive already replaced: Coils, Spark plugs, Igniter, TPS, coil connectors, i seen one exposed wire that leads to the coil right in front of the timing belt and taped it so it doesnt ground out but still no luck, it doesnt miss in idle maybe at 2500rpms but i think its because of too much fuel in that region i see 10 a/f. Any more info i can provide to ya guys to help diagnose this?
I replaced the bad battery with a new one it was bad that was like 3 weeks ago
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode