PDA

View Full Version : AEM PnP EMS (87-88 MK3T)

ma71supraturbo
09-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Product: AEM Plug-n-play EMS

Place Purchased: Horsepowerfreaks

Price Paid: "CALL"

Application: (87-88) Supra Turbo (89-92 also available)

Highlights: A Standalone ECU that plugs into factory wiring harness and has tons of options including the ability to run speed density, a 2-step, boost control, traction control, and full control over fuel and timing for all loads. Extensive datalogging features, and comprehensive user guides.

Caveats: The EMS is bigger than the factory ECU and is mounted by velcro. It seemed a bit odd, but the velcro has held it firmly in placed over many a rough road with my stiffly sprung supra...

Installation Difficulty (1-10, 10 being difficult): 3 (actual installation), 9 (tuning if you do it yourself)

Rating (1-10, 10 being best): 9.5

Additional Comments: There are an ever increasing number of MK3 EMS users and with that comes a larger knowledge base. The initial set-up and tuning was a bit overwhelming as the base map is just that -- a base. Most of the other users had cars far more substantially modified than mine, so uploading their maps didn't help much. But after two weeks of casual tuning and consulting with other users I had it running better than the stock ECU under all circumstances and I'm still learning new tricks and features. Overall, I'm very happy with it and can't imagine using a piggyback again