PDA

View Full Version : Wankers

aka kactabigun
05-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Wankers They really are.
Ive just spent 1/2 hour upside down trying to disconect the Throtle cable from the bulk head and pedal.
For to find out Toyota have sent me the wrongcable.
Now im typing this message too let you all know im absolutly well pissed off and my neck is acheing.
These people never get a part order right. :flame:

Have you tried lying across the drivers seat under the stearing wheel.
Basturds :snork_boe

Flyer
05-16-2006, 12:30 PM
I reckon there's room for a 'karma sutra' for fixing supra's , cos there's some similarity in the agility needed
Wankers They really are.
Ive just spent 1/2 hour upside down trying to disconect the Throtle cable from the bulk head and pedal.
For to find out Toyota have sent me the wrongcable.
Now im typing this message too let you all know im absolutly well pissed off and my neck is acheing.
These people never get a part order right. :flame:

Have you tried lying across the drivers seat under the stearing wheel.
Basturds :snork_boe

aka kactabigun
05-16-2006, 12:48 PM
This Toyota Dealership has a policy where it does'nt take ordered parts back.
Now when i get to the place tomorrow i hope he hasn't got outa the bed on the wrong side or his lass isn't on her rags. Because im in no fettle to listen to his pathetic excuses for like getting orders wrong for like the the 95th time.

Has any one got a parts manual on the Ma70-1jz.
If i knew the part number i would have more chance in getting it.
I have a Toyota epc on disc but cant open the bugger. :aiwebs_00

boostin89
05-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Man that sucks people are always screwing up orders at toyota, even down here. But at least when u finaly get the part is OEM. I like OEM.

aka kactabigun
05-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Man that sucks people are always screwing up orders at toyota, even down here. But at least when u finaly get the part is OEM. I like OEM.What price do we pay for perfection eh!

Our parts are really expensive over here. :snork_boe

ADVERT
Millionaire wanted to buy all Toyota Supra parts.
And sell to enthusiasts for a reasonable price.

boostin89
05-16-2006, 01:43 PM
ADVERT
Millionaire wanted to buy all Toyota Supra parts.
And sell to enthusiasts for a reasonable price.

That shouldnt be too hard... :hihi:

hagar the 'orrible
05-17-2006, 09:26 AM
deadly, i have a number from bionic its 78180-1B060. he thinks this is the one but without frame and model numbers he cannot be 100 percent certain. it costs 46.42 +VAT. this is for a JZA70 produced between 8/90 to 5/93. check this number against the one you have with the new cable.

boostin89
05-17-2006, 09:38 AM
We have it way easier than BMW enthusiasts though, they are crazy money to fix/upgrade... :snork_tan bimmer guys call them the "endless money pit". At least over here its like that.

aka kactabigun
05-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Yeah Tony those BMW owners are just big headed basturds mate.
There like look at me and what ive got." Toss pots"

Ive spent a fortune on my 1jz but i got it very cheap off Ebay, so not botherd.

That Throtle cabe incedent i had was my fault :eusa_whis
The crack there was i asked for a 1jz throtle cable. ( I was an ex Motor Cross rider so used to motor cycle termonologys)
Anyway what i should have said was Accelerator cable. DOH!
Thick as Feck or what. :dope:
So i returned the part and got 10% off for the proper part.
And its an imported part " SCHIT"
Nothings bloody cheap is it. :eusa_doh:

boostin89
05-17-2006, 02:12 PM
dont you just wish there would be a %75 off all parts day? Id sell everything i own (except my sup) and just buy and buy and buy. Stockpile tons of spare parts...Oh how i dream. :snork_tro

aka kactabigun
05-17-2006, 02:20 PM
dont you just wish there would be a %75 off all parts day? Id sell everything i own (except my sup) and just buy and buy and buy. Stockpile tons of spare parts...Oh how i dream. :snork_tro
That would be better than Christmas that mate.
Toyota should be proud of us for keeping 16 year old Supra road warriors going strong.
Instead of depressing us every time we buy for them. :eusa_wall

hagar the 'orrible
05-18-2006, 02:16 AM
CHASSIS NUMBER DOOD? and it will all get sorted out for you by magic!

aka kactabigun
05-18-2006, 05:08 AM
deadly, i have a number from bionic its 78180-1B060. he thinks this is the one but without frame and model numbers he cannot be 100 percent certain. it costs 46.42 +VAT. this is for a JZA70 produced between 8/90 to 5/93. check this number against the one you have with the new cable.
Its all sorted now Mate.
JzA700011000.
Not cheap eighter.

hagar the 'orrible
05-18-2006, 05:11 AM
ok mate, how much?

aka kactabigun
05-18-2006, 06:32 AM
ok mate, how much?
He said 54
But because of the slaver i had running around he knocked 10% off that.
Is that a fair price?

hagar the 'orrible
05-18-2006, 08:25 AM
He said 54
But because of the slaver i had running around he knocked 10% off that.
Is that a fair price?

if you need one then you need one and price is irrelivant!

aka kactabigun
05-23-2006, 02:10 PM
I dont mind paying decent money for decent kit.

These bloody Mk3's are like 16 year old and i aint had alot of trouble with mine.

One thing that makes me laugh is, people that buy them of Ebay for a couple of hundred pound. They get them home, look at the car. Take it for MOT.
Find out it needs such and such? Schit themselves when they phone Mr Toyota up for parts. And find they cant aford to fix it, let alone run the big Classic road warrior.
I mean WTF. Dreamers or what.
Its a good job we can come to places like this, where like minded people know there stuff. Give help. Then we can fix em ourselves.
It must be tough for people with no mechanical knowledge.

boostin89
05-23-2006, 02:43 PM
I've thought about that too, I know they shoudl've known better or whatever, but I always feel bad when people get a nice car, even a classic and then realize they're in over their heads. And find out they arent really automtively inclined.

supramacist
05-24-2006, 12:09 AM
dig this. I call the stealership today to price a part. I tell him I am looking for the 45 degree rubber tube that connects my air intake to the y pipe. He tells me it's going to be $9.99 plus tax. I was like no way. So I drive over and get to the parts dept. and locate this guy. I show him on his own computer the piece I want........, and now it's $85.00 . Can you believe that shit? I bloody hell can, one word for em, MORONS.

boostin89
05-24-2006, 12:13 AM
Whats up with that? he prob just said that so youd have to go down there and buy. :eusa_snoo

supramacist
05-24-2006, 12:22 AM
I use alot of slang for things I think the guy just misunderstood me. There has to be a place where I can get a 4 inch piece of hose the will worm clamp my shit together for under 10$

supramacist
05-24-2006, 12:25 AM
it's like if I say to you the y pipe..., do you know what I'm speaking of??? it's the pipe that lays across the valve covers and hides those two spark plugs. I also call it the air induction pipe from time to time, but I stick mainly to y pipe.

aka kactabigun
05-24-2006, 01:08 AM
I use alot of slang for things I think the guy just misunderstood me. There has to be a place where I can get a 4 inch piece of hose the will worm clamp my shit together for under 10$

I understand where your comming from bud.
The stealership technicians see a picture on the screen. Order it and low and behold itsthe wrong pissing piece.
Thet have no knowledge of part names, do they.:aiwebs_01
Is there no breakers near you for parts?

supramacist
05-24-2006, 01:14 AM
never herd of breakers, sorry

aka kactabigun
05-24-2006, 01:32 AM
never herd of breakers, sorry

Scrap Yards, Breaker yards.:snork_bli

supramacist
05-25-2006, 12:15 AM
oh..., we call them salvage yards here. This is one thing we intend to do when my bro get's here. wer'e going to scout some out for a couple of days.

aka kactabigun
05-25-2006, 02:46 AM
oh..., we call them salvage yards here. This is one thing we intend to do when my bro get's here. wer'e going to scout some out for a couple of days.
There really hard to find over here.
Because people tend to look after them :snork_bli

supramacist
05-25-2006, 02:48 AM
ours are usually owned by some old no teeth tobacco chewing red neck that wants brand new prices on 20 year old shit. Everyone wants to haggle.

aka kactabigun
05-25-2006, 05:53 AM
ours are usually owned by some old no teeth tobacco chewing red neck that wants brand new prices on 20 year old shit. Everyone wants to haggle. That description sounds just like a cheesy pricked retard i know.:aiwebs_01
Salvage yard laws have changed over here in a big way.
Engines get stripped outa vehicles and all thats left is the shell and suspension bits. Something to do with Environmentally friendly shiat.